- Country-Style Pâté with Prunes and PistachiosPosted 14 hours ago
- Seared Beef CarpaccioPosted 5 days ago
- Slow Food International Council Convenes in Istanbul, TurkeyPosted 5 days ago
- reality bites…exploring Vancouver’s outdoor marketsPosted 6 days ago
- Award winning Winemaker, Grant Stanley moves to 50th ParallelPosted 9 days ago
- Time Estate Winery Launches…Posted 12 days ago
- Okanagan Spirits Taboo Absinthe MojitoPosted 20 days ago
- Great gifts for dad this Father’s DayPosted 20 days ago
- Stovetop Oatmeal with Fresh Blueberry Maple SyrupPosted 28 days ago
- Are You An Olive Oil Virgin? How to choose the best quality olive oilPosted 30 days ago
50th Parallel Estate
Back in 2000 when Curtis Krouzel met his wife, Sheri-Lee Turner, one of the first things he told her was that one day he would own a world-class winery and wine destination in the Okanagan. It was this vision, drive, passion and entrepreneurial commitment that led the couple to their first successful vintage.
In 2011, 50th Parallel released their first two white varietals, pinot gris and gewürztraminer, with limited volumes (only 700 cases). The public launch this May will mark a 4200 case production, which will include the release of riesling, rose and the signature flagship pinot noir.
You can find 50th Parallel wines locally on wine lists including the Old Vines Restaurant at Quails’ Gate, the Delta Okanagan, Grand Bay Cafe and the Delta Grand Spirits Liquor Store, Caps Liquor Store, Discover Wines and Sparkling Hill Resort. The company has also just released product into the Calgary market.
Location: 17101 Terrace View Road, Lake Country, B.C.
May 1 to June 30, noon – 5:00 p.m. Wednesday to Sunday
July 1 to October 15, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., daily
Tours: by appointment
Food Service: catering available within picnic areas by reservation
Temporary Wineshop open: 2013
Proprietor(s): Curtis Krouzel and Sheri-Lee Turner-Krouzel
Production: 4200 cases
General Distribution: BC VQA stores, British Columbia private liquor stores and restaurants, Alberta stores and restaurants, and on-line.
Facebook: 50th Parallel Estate
Winemaker: Grant Stanley