- Country-Style Pâté with Prunes and PistachiosPosted 4 hours ago
- Seared Beef CarpaccioPosted 4 days ago
- Slow Food International Council Convenes in Istanbul, TurkeyPosted 4 days ago
- reality bites…exploring Vancouver’s outdoor marketsPosted 5 days ago
- Award winning Winemaker, Grant Stanley moves to 50th ParallelPosted 8 days ago
- Time Estate Winery Launches…Posted 11 days ago
- Okanagan Spirits Taboo Absinthe MojitoPosted 19 days ago
- Great gifts for dad this Father’s DayPosted 20 days ago
- Stovetop Oatmeal with Fresh Blueberry Maple SyrupPosted 28 days ago
- Are You An Olive Oil Virgin? How to choose the best quality olive oilPosted 29 days ago
The Canadian Culinary Championships-2013 are coming!
Actor Marcello Mastroianni had to wander the sordid streets of Rome endlessly looking for love in Fellini’s ideal of “La Doce Vita”. Gold Medal Plates-Canadian Culinary Championship brings “The Sweet Life “ to us – in the ultimate celebration of cuisine, wine, celebrity and travel, February 8 & 9, in Kelowna. (of course we leave the amore part up to you!) While ten of the country’s most innovative restaurant chefs do battle for the coveted crown of Culinary Champion, Savour Magazine’s intrepid writer, Laura Goldstein, will sip, slurp, (she never spits), and chomp her way through plating after plating while shmoozing with Olympic athletes Jamie Sale, Adam van Koeverden and performers, Barney Bentall and Great Big Sea’s, Alan Doyle. The Canadian Olympic Foundation’s ‘Own the Podium’ is the beneficiary of this national culinary extravaganza. And, to make life even sweeter, public supporters from coast to coast will bid on extraordinary trips from South Africa to the Adriatic, accompanied by performers and Olympic athletes. Their exploits to be divulged in our Spring issue of Savour, aptly titled “The Sweet Life”.
stay tuned for more…subscribe to our RSS feed to stay up to date on this story