- All Star Line-up for Poppadoms 4th BirthdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Forage Restaurant’s Chef Chris Whittaker takes Crown 2nd year in a rowPosted 2 weeks ago
- That’s the Spirit: Okanagan SpiritsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Savour Cocktail of the month-ManhattanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Culmina Family Estate WineryPosted 4 weeks ago
- Serendipity WineryPosted 4 months ago
- Hawksworth-homage to a bygone era where food, service and cutting edge design convergePosted 4 months ago
- A diva for all seasonsPosted 5 months ago
- The passion of Pascal MadevonPosted 5 months ago
- Meet Chef Chris Van Hooydonk-Savour Chef of the MonthPosted 6 months ago
The Canadian Culinary Championships-2013 are coming!
Actor Marcello Mastroianni had to wander the sordid streets of Rome endlessly looking for love in Fellini’s ideal of “La Doce Vita”. Gold Medal Plates-Canadian Culinary Championship brings “The Sweet Life “ to us – in the ultimate celebration of cuisine, wine, celebrity and travel, February 8 & 9, in Kelowna. (of course we leave the amore part up to you!) While ten of the country’s most innovative restaurant chefs do battle for the coveted crown of Culinary Champion, Savour Magazine’s intrepid writer, Laura Goldstein, will sip, slurp, (she never spits), and chomp her way through plating after plating while shmoozing with Olympic athletes Jamie Sale, Adam van Koeverden and performers, Barney Bentall and Great Big Sea’s, Alan Doyle. The Canadian Olympic Foundation’s ‘Own the Podium’ is the beneficiary of this national culinary extravaganza. And, to make life even sweeter, public supporters from coast to coast will bid on extraordinary trips from South Africa to the Adriatic, accompanied by performers and Olympic athletes. Their exploits to be divulged in our Spring issue of Savour, aptly titled “The Sweet Life”.
stay tuned for more…subscribe to our RSS feed to stay up to date on this story