- All Star Line-up for Poppadoms 4th BirthdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Forage Restaurant’s Chef Chris Whittaker takes Crown 2nd year in a rowPosted 2 weeks ago
- That’s the Spirit: Okanagan SpiritsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Savour Cocktail of the month-ManhattanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Culmina Family Estate WineryPosted 4 weeks ago
- Serendipity WineryPosted 4 months ago
- Hawksworth-homage to a bygone era where food, service and cutting edge design convergePosted 4 months ago
- A diva for all seasonsPosted 5 months ago
- The passion of Pascal MadevonPosted 5 months ago
- Meet Chef Chris Van Hooydonk-Savour Chef of the MonthPosted 6 months ago
Poppadom’s introduces the Master Class
Poppadoms is launching a new set of homestyle Indian cooking classes, including a hands on master class inside the Poppadoms kitchen. The classes are
designed to be quick, simple and healthy.
The master class led by owner, Jas Dosanj and will begin in March, 2013. As a natural progression from their demonstration cooking classes, the master class will allow guests to get hands on in the Poppadoms kitchen, learn new skills (including the basics of Indian spices and knife skills), and get inspired.
Held on a Sunday, the master class experience will last approximately 3 hours, from 10am to 1pm. Each master class will host an intimate group of 6 participants working together to create 3 homestyle Indian dishes based on the class theme. The extensive themes are inspired by Jas Dosanj’s recent 5‐week culinary journey across India. Jas Dosanj said “I’d like to show how each region in India is different with tastes, spice blends, ingredients and cooking techniques”. On arrival attendees will be greeted with complimentary masala chai, and a glass of Okanagan wine with their prepared lunch.
Master Class Schedule:
March 17: Taste Punjab | our family recipes from one of the most popular food regions in India
April 21: Taste Vegetarian India | inspired by local, seasonal vegetables
May 19: Taste Kerala | experience lighter flavours with coconut and seafood
June 16: Taste Gluten‐free India | including how to make a gluten‐free flatbread
July 21: Taste Indian BBQ | spice up your bbq with healthy, Indian ideas
September 15: Taste Royal India | experience a rich, royal feast with dishes inspired by Rajasthan
October 27: Taste Kerala | lighter flavours with coconut and seafood
November 17: Taste Punjab | our favourite family recipes
The cooking experience is $125 per person (excluding tax).
To book contact Poppadoms
778.753.5563 or online at Poppadoms.ca/classes. Book early to avoid disappointment!
Poppadoms is located at 948 McCurdy Road, Kelowna, V1X 2P7