- All Star Line-up for Poppadoms 4th BirthdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Forage Restaurant’s Chef Chris Whittaker takes Crown 2nd year in a rowPosted 2 weeks ago
- That’s the Spirit: Okanagan SpiritsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Savour Cocktail of the month-ManhattanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Culmina Family Estate WineryPosted 4 weeks ago
- Serendipity WineryPosted 4 months ago
- Hawksworth-homage to a bygone era where food, service and cutting edge design convergePosted 4 months ago
- A diva for all seasonsPosted 5 months ago
- The passion of Pascal MadevonPosted 5 months ago
- Meet Chef Chris Van Hooydonk-Savour Chef of the MonthPosted 6 months ago
‘TASTE INDIA’ at the Okanagan Wine Festival
Poppadoms is spicing up the 2013 Okanagan Spring Wine Festival with their annual ‘Taste India’ event.
This year’s event is inspired by the family’s recent 5‐week culinary journey across India, touching on 4 regions.
‘Taste India’ will take place at Poppadoms restaurant on Mother’s Day, Sunday May 12, 2013.
The special 5‐course set menu will allow guests to eat their way across India and learn how each
region in India is different with tastes, spice blends and cooking techniques. The menu, created
by owner and chef, Jas Dosanj, is inspired by her favourite food discoveries from their culinary
Tickets include 4 2 oz Okanagan wine samples paired beautifully for the course.
Poppadoms will be telling stories from the trip using food, as well as a photo exhibit by
photographer, Jasmin Dosanj. Jas Dosanj said “The idea is to take guests on their own food
journey, travelling from region‐to‐region with each course”. Guests can expect to experience the
street food of Delhi, light vegetarian cooking of Tamil Nadu, rich royal cooking of Rajasthan, plus
fresh seafood and coconut flavours from Kerala.
Building on their local and seasonal food philosophy, Poppadoms will be fusing authentic flavours with local produce from the Okanagan
where possible. In addition to paired‐wine, bar tender, Harry Dosanj, will be shaking up his
Indian‐inspired cocktails with spices and ingredients found in the Poppadoms kitchen.
Tickets costs $80 per person and are on sale from Poppadoms. To book contact Poppadoms on
778.753.5563. All guests must be 19 years or older. Doors open at 5pm for a 5:30pm start. To
find out more, see Poppadoms.ca/events. Spaces are limited so early bookings are